- What is the shop minimum?
- The shop minimum is $150.
- Tattoos the size of a quarter and smaller can be discounted at the artists discretion, but not guaranteed.
2. What is the average price for tattoos?
- Every artist has different pricing depending on the style, time, area and colors involved. Click here to request a tattoo quote for an estimate of the tattoo you want done. Please fill out the form thoroughly.
3. What payment options do I have?
- Each artist accepts Zelle, Venmo, Cashapp, Bitcoin and Cash.
4. How do I prepare for my tattoo appointment?
- Moisturize the area of skin for a few days leading up to your appointment.
- Eat a good meal at least 1 hour before appointments.
- Bring snacks, a blanket, headphones, any entertainment media to help you pass the time.
5. Things to Avoid before an appointment?
- Avoid drinking alcohol 1-2 days before your appointment.
- Blood thinner medication can interfere with the tattoo application process. Please speak with your medical practitioner for suggestions.
- Avoid shaving. Your artist will do that for you!
6. How do I take care of my new tattoo?
- Procedures include cleaning your tattoo twice a day, morning and night. As well as moisturizing your tattoo all day, as needed, with our natural solid lotion rub. Avoid using abrasive and scented soaps. You can find proper recommended post-care products here.
7. What to avoid during the healing process of my tattoo?
- Tattoos may take anywhere from 10-14 days to completely heal. Within 14 days, avoid direct sunlight and unnecessary heat. Please refrain from swimming, including lakes and rivers, working out and saunas. If itchy, avoid scratching and keep moisturized all day.
8. My artist used Saniderm on my tattoo as after-care, how do I take care of it?
- You may shower and work normally with this “2nd Skin” product. Try avoiding rubbing it off during the 5 DAYS.
- Take your saniderm off 5 DAYS AFTER your initial tattoo appointment. *Gently roll/ peel off the saniderm under Luke-warm running water.
- For the remaining 7 days, use nonscented lotion. You can find a link here.
- Taking off your saniderm within 5 days may cause your plasma and blood to be pulled off your skin too early, disallowing your skin and tattoo to heal properly.
- If you are noticing any dripping coming out of the saniderm, within 5 DAYS, contact your artist with photos of the problem area. Gently take off the saniderm and use a natural moisturizing lotion.
9. Can I take children and guests to my appointment?
- Please be gracious to our artists and fellow clients by bringing only those who have an appointment or plan on being tattooed.
10. I am under 18, can I get a tattoo at Beneath the Surface?
- Yes. One parent or legal guardian must be present at the time of appointment, with Birth certificate and current ID’s.
Still have questions?
Please call the shop at 1 (702)-681-8282 12 PM- 10 PM Daily
Or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org